• The EIC is dedicated to increasing awareness of groundbreaking research initiative and federal research and development funding for eligible EPSCoR and IDeA states by:
• Ensuring that federal funding is available to support significant research infrastructure and opportunities associated with the EPSCoR and IDeA programs at the National Science Foundation, Departments of Energy and Agriculture, NASA, and the National Institutes of Health.
• Working with Capitol Hill to ensure that EPSCoR/IDeA programs are carried …out competitive scientific and engineering research and education, and to institutionalize gains.
• Serving as an information clearinghouse on the accomplishments and progress of projects and activities of importance to the EPSCoR states.
• Developing relationships among EPSCoR and IDeA participants, the private sector, government, the national scientific community, and other universities to develop systemic approaches to science and technology improvements in the states